Many Indigo children have a difficult time adjusting to the fact that they are in a physical body and need the energetic connection to their parents and caretakers. Infant massage is a wonderful and simple way to enhance that connection in our busy lifestyles.
What is Infant Massage?
Infant Massage is a Parent Education Program of nurturing touch using strokes from Indian & Swedish traditions and reflexology techniques to promote the physical and emotional well-being of babies and children. This stroking grows with the child and can be adapted to toddlers and older children.
Research studies confirm the importance of a secure environment and nurturing touch in the healthy growth, development and maturation of children as well as the physical and emotional growth of youngsters. Parents bond and attach strongly to their young when nurturing touch is deliberately introduced to foster attachment and bonding.
Benefits of Infant Massage
The interaction taking place between caregiver and child during stroking contains the basic elements of bonding.
Infant Massage also:
* Promotes empowerment of parents/ caregivers
* Fosters stress-reduction for parents and confidence in parenting
* Helps baby relax and release tension build up
* Relieves baby's gas and constipation
* Allows baby to recognize body parts, connect to his body
* Develops an early understanding of "safe" touch
* Assists baby in sleeping better
* Decreases crying spells oftentimes associated with the child's senses being overwhelmed by the stimuli in the environment whether it be through touch, lighting, smells, sounds or taste.